Climax Molybdenum, a subsidiary of Freeport-McMoRan, is a global specialty chemicals, engineered materials and products company. We leverage our distinctive metal-based production and process capabilities to offer specialty products that add value to our customers, are environmentally safe, and improve the quality of life of end users. We concentrate our sales in geographic markets with growing segments where our marketing and manufacturing expertise brings additional competitive advantages and value.
We are committed to providing superior quality products, produced at internationally competitive costs, to customers around the globe. We seek to prosper by forging partnerships with our customers and suppliers.
Our mission in conducting business is to create and enhance long-term value for our shareholders and our employees, and to do so in an environmentally responsible manner as good citizens of the communities in which we live and work.
To accomplish our mission, we will:
- Invest the technological, financial and human resources necessary to assure world-class cost and quality levels for our products.
- Grow our existing businesses that meet appropriate criteria, emphasizing research and development.
- Diversify opportunistically into business areas we understand.
- Manage excellently and ethically, with emphasis on employee participation, health, safety, training and development.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW WE WORK –
EVERY ONE, EVERYWHERE, EVERY DAY.
Climax Molybdenum Company values are consistent with commitments set forth in company-wide policies defined by Freeport-McMoRan.
Safety first—for ourselves, our coworkers and our communities.
- We promote safety, and health and wellness at our operations and in the communities where we live and work.
- No job is so important and no schedule so urgent that time cannot be taken to plan and perform work in a safe manner.
- Safe production requires that:
- We report to work fit for duty, take responsibility for our own safety and look out for the safety of others.
- We follow safety standards and controls, and identify and eliminate potential hazards.
- We have the authority and responsibility to stop work if it is not being performed safely.
- We promptly report safety incidents.
We treat each other and our stakeholders with respect.
- We are courteous to each other and those with whom we engage.
- We value the diversity, ideas, perspectives and experiences of our employees and our stakeholders.
- We make decisions without favoritism or negative bias.
- We embrace a culture that supports the free flow of information and sharing of ideas.
We are honest, transparent and responsible.
- We are truthful and sincere.
- We communicate openly and accurately, inside and outside the Company.
- We do what we say we will do.
- We take responsibility for our words, actions and decisions.
We pursue excellence in our work.
- We take pride in our work and always do our best.
- We promote change, explore new options and challenge accepted practices.
- We collaborate to create and implement innovative ideas and to develop solutions to issues and concerns.
- We work with purpose to deliver high-quality results.
We are committed to contributing to the long-term sustainability of the environment and communities where we work.
- We are accountable for our environmental and social performance.
- We strive to mitigate potential adverse environmental and social impacts throughout each project’s life cycle.
- We engage in opportunities to maximize the benefits our operations deliver.
- We partner with our stakeholders to build local capacity and self-sufficiency beyond the presence of our operations.